We've had an exciting summer!
We’ve had a busy summer and wanted to fill you in on a couple of exciting recent updates.
Our R&D team is expanding!
We are excited to welcome Jirayu “Boo Boo” Tanprasertsuk, PhD, Aashish Jha, PhD, and LeeAnn Perry, MSc to the team!
- Boo Boo received his PhD in Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition at Tufts University where his research focus was on the relationship between nutrition and cognitive health in older adults. At NomNomNow he is very excited to expand the scope of the investigation to dogs and cats, including nutrition’s roles (fresh diet and supplements) in health maintenance and disease prevention. Boo Boo loves card games and puzzles. Try to beat him at Canasta!
- Aashish is passionate about integrating data science and genomics to address pressing challenges in medicine and biology. His work spans the microbiome, genomics, bioinformatics, immunology, evolutionary biology, and cancer biology. His recent work includes understanding the effect of diet and lifestyle on the gut microbiome and its effect on health. He received his BA in Molecular and Cellular Biology from UC Berkeley in 2007, Ph.D. in Human Genetics from The University of Chicago in 2015, and completed his postdoctoral research at Stanford University. In his spare time, Aashish enjoys photography and hiking.
- LeeAnn uses statistical and machine learning approaches to uncover insights about NomNomNow pets ranging from risk factors for disease to aspects of behavior and personality. She received her BA in Molecular Biology from Washington University in St. Louis and her MSc in Neuroscience from Stanford University, where she studied mental health and disease in adolescent populations. LeeAnn's hobbies include writing science fiction, satire, and electronic music.
Where have we been?
- Justin and Ryan spoke at Petfood Forum Europe about NomNomNow’s approach to data and science. PetfoodIndusty.com did a great write-up of their presentation.
- At the recent Animal Microbiome Congress Europe Ryan was on a panel titled “Innovation Through The Eyes Of Human, Livestock, and Companion Animal Microbiome Experts” where he talked about the exciting things happening in the microbiome sphere in general as well as some of the things NomNomNow is doing.
- Aashish and LeeAnn presented our recent work at the 4th Annual Microbiome Summit being held at Stanford University.
- Ryan and Aashish were recently featured on an Alicia's Holistic Pet Wellness Podcast talking about the microbiome and how it affects pet health
What are we working on?
- We’re currently enrolling dogs in a study to look at the benefits of probiotics, see details here.
- We’ll shortly be enrolling for a study looking at the positive benefits of transitioning from kibble to fresh food.
- We’re very engaged with the recent issues with dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) and will be launching a study about this soon.
Stay tuned for more updates in the future!